- This event has passed.
Walking Stick Making Workshop-*$25 +material fee
November 15 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Have you ever wanted to craft your own walking or hiking stick? Local, Greg Mallett is here to show you how in this DIAMOND WILLOW WALKING/HIKING STICK workshop.
You will be provided with a diamond willow stick (either with bark on or bark off) and taught how to craft your own stick.
Some of the workshop topics include:
- Knife and tool safety.
- What is diamond willow and where to find it.
- How to remove the bark, carve out the diamonds, sand and craft the stick (this will be hands on for the participants).
- Wood finishes and stick accessories.
- If you have a “fixed blade” type of knife and/or a wood chisel, please bring along. If not, these will be provided.
- Minimum age: 12 years of age
- Greg will also have some of his sticks and accessories available to see and/or purchase during the workshop. He also has a few of his sticks on display here at the cafe!
- Thursday, November 15th 6:30 – 8:30 pm
Please note that no outside food or drink is allowed but we do have a full drink and food menu available for purchase-Kitchen closes at 7 pm