- This event has passed.
Walking Stick Making Workshop-$25. +materials fee
November 23, 2018 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Have you ever wanted to craft your own walking or hiking stick? Local, Greg Mallett is here to show you how in this DIAMOND WILLOW WALKING/HIKING STICK workshop.
- You will be provided with a diamond willow stick (either with bark on or bark off) and taught how to craft your own stick.
- Some of the workshop topics include:
1. Knife and tool safety.
2. What is diamond willow and where to find it.
3. How to remove the bark, carve out the diamonds, sand and craft the stick (this will be hands on for the participants).
4. Wood finishes and stick accessories.
- Workshop Fee: $25.00 includes one walking stick to work on and take home
- Material Fee: please bring 20.00 in cash to the workshop
- If you have a “fixed blade” type of knife and/or a wood chisel, please bring along. If not, these will be provided.
- Minimum age: 12 years of age
- Greg will also have some of his sticks and accessories available to see and/or purchase during the workshop.
- Friday, November 23rd from 6:30 -8:30 pm
- Please note that no outside food or drink is allowed but we do have a full drink and food menu available for purchase. Kitchen closes at 7 pm